Show up and show off. Decorate them, love them, or leave them bare, either way most impressive helmet wins the fashion show award! Fashion Show at 2:00 pm on Saturday Jan. 16 at the top of Bear Chair
Skiing and snowboarding can be enjoyed in many ways. At Brundage Mountain you may see people using alpine, snowboard, telemark, cross country and other specialized ski equipment, such as that used by disabled or other skiers. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce.
To Educate and celebrate National Safety Week we will be offering fun activities for the whole family.
Events for Safety Week January 15-22, 2010
- Every morning a new trivia question will be posted on the Brundage SnowBlog. Submit answers there to enter a drawing and win prizes. Friday Jan. 15- Friday Jan. 22.
- Anyone who utilizes Bag/Ski Check on Saturday Jan. 16 & Sunday Jan. 17 from 9:30am-3:00 pm can enter a drawing to win a free wax and edge! Winner will be notified via e-mail on Monday January 20th.
- Show up and show off. Decorate them, love them, or leave them bare, either way most impressive helmet wins the fashion show award! Fashion Show at 2:00 pm on Saturday Jan. 16 at the top of Bear Chair
- Scour the runs on Easy Street & the Bear Chair to find all seven Snow Monsters holding up their part of “Your Responsibility Code”. Write down who you found and what each monster was saying! Turn your completed scavenger hunt form into the Snowsports School Sales Office to receive your reward. Saturday Jan. 17th 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- All week long in the Brundage Mountainn Resort Kids Center, Bears Program kids will participate in a coloring contest that illustrates the Responsibility Code and Smart Style. Four winning posters will be chosen and entered in the NSAA national contest.
McCall Ski Racing Team Women’s Super G for more info visit MSRT website. http://www.mccallskiracingteam.com/
Brundage is proud to be a part of the Payette River Mountain Freeride Series. This event goes hand in hand with our own Freestyle Jam Series.
The Payette River Mountain Freeride Ski and Snowboard Series is southern Idaho’s premiere freeride series. A good time and a chance at qualifying for USASA Nationals.
You’ll dodge more than 70 gates as you cruise 2+ miles down Temptation. Great event for first-time racers, proceeds benefit the McCall Ski Racing Team. Racers start at one-minute intervals, controlled passing is allowed, and healthy camaraderie encouraged.
All proceeds benefit the McCall Ski Racing Team. More details available here
Watch competitors show their skills and style as they vie for great prizes.
Finals will take place at 12:00pm on Rodeo.
No charge for final for those who qualify.
Prizes will be given to top three finishers in each age group. Awards ceremony will take place 4:30pm at the Events Tent in Front of Lodge.
Our extended season means our annual Easter Egg Hunt will take place on Easy Street, even though Easter is all the way at the end of April this year!
Easter Egg Hunt – begins at 11 am on the top of Easy Street. There are hundreds of prizes hidden on the Easy Street runs and in the trees around Easy Street.
You don’t have to be on skis to participate in the Easter Egg Hunt, but you do need to be dressed for mountain weather conditions and be ready for FUN!
Instruction begins at 11:00 am in the flats in the base area. The Snow Battles begin at High Noon.
Think soccer, paintball and capture the flag all rolled into one. Basic instruction will be provided. Inspired by the international hit, Yukigassen, our Snow Wars is a game between two teams with seven players each. It is the perfect sport for co-workers and businesses to put teams together – embracing the community spirit while boosting camaraderie in the workplace. It’s ideal for friends, classmates and teammates from other sports to get together and put teams of seven together.
Give it a shot! E-mail Leesa to learn more and reserve your spot.